Saturday, August 17, 2013

Spam and the Spammer is on the rise including Telephone Scams!


Not only do I find more spam in my spam folder when I check my mail each day but it seems once again the spammers are back to calling people randomly and stating they are from Microsoft and/or some computer security company to say their computer is at risk.  I have reported on this before but it seems like once again they are attempting to fake people in to giving out computer information such as their current ip address and/or worse.. their credit card information once they have connected to your computer remotely to install supposed 'security software'.  Please don't be fooled by this sort of scam. Simply say thank you but you already have a computer technician that looks after your computer and hang up the phone.  Just like you see in the movies, the longer you stay on the phone, the more persuasive they will start to sound and scaring you in to believing you truly do have a problem. If you are unsure if you are in fact unprotected in some way simply contact me and I can help by actually connecting to your computer (if you are already an existing client of mine) or I can send you instructions on how I can help you further.. THE RIGHT WAY!