Thursday, February 17, 2005

Don't forget spyware guard and spyware blaster

When I set up a computer, it will have 5 icons on the desktop that I suggest running DAILY. These would be Spyware guard Live Update, Spyware Blaster (Update), Live Update (Symantec products), Spybot Search & Destroy, and finally, Ad-aware. I have made a tip regarding how to use the two spyware scanners, however I have not created a tip for spyware guard and spyware blaster, simply because I didn't think it was important. It appears that I was wrong. These two programs have been out for a while and should be a part of everyone's efforts to battle the spyware. Since they are running all the time in the background, what is needed is a simple check for any available updates. The order that I mentioned above is also the order in which I run them, this way the two spyware scanners are running while I am on my way to bed!

To use Spyware guard Live Update correctly, you simply click on the icon, click NEXT and it will automatically download and install anything available, which is not that often, but important whenever there is something available. Considering it takes about 5 seconds to run, I would be doing this daily.

Spyware Blaster also runs all the time in the background therefore all you need to do is check for available updates. To do this, first click on the icon. Next, you will want to click on ENABLE ALL PROTECTION from the quick link near the bottom of the window. Also, if it detects your Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox browsers security settings are too low, it will prompt you in which case you simply click on the link and choose what they suggest (for best security). Next you simply click on DOWNLOAD LATEST PROTECTION UPDATES which brings up a new window where you click on CHECK FOR UPDATES. Any available updates will automatically be downloaded and all you need to do is click on the link afterwards to implement them. That's it! Along with the antivirus "live update" and spyware scans each day, your computer spyware problems should be contained.. That is, so long as you follow other internet edicate.

For more TIPS and Software and Support visit my website.