Friday, April 14, 2006

NORTON SUCKS!

Okay so there are probably a number of techies out there that would already agree with me on this and I know it has taken me some time to completely agree, but when you have a choice between changing your operating system to something other then a Microsoft product which currently means either going out and buying a MAC or converting your current system to Linux, it appears the only option is to change Norton.


For those of you that are continuing to get error messages from Norton when doing a Live Update this is what I suggest:

Stop doing the live update!
Why? because you don't need to.. Basically if you have been recently updated by me (2006) then you will not be using norton's antivirus which is the number one reason for the updates. Bottom line is, that since the latest round of Microsoft security fixes, once again there are errors with Norton. This is the main reason why I have switched antivirus vendors and will continue to boycott Symantec until things change, which probably will not be until the Vista Operating system is out. If you do require me to help you with this, please remember the drill.. Visit my home page and click on the link to get your current IP address and send it along in an email with any other pertinent information regarding the issues you are having.

Other then that, did I mention how much I USED TO like Norton? Well, I still do like the utilities package and pcanywhere but other then that....

Happy Easter!

P.S. If this is the first time you are learning about this problem, you may want to read my other blogs on this here
as well as here.