Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Don't wait until you know you have a problem

If I have already worked on your computer in the past, odds are I have the ability to help you with a simple click of the mouse using the LogMeIn Remote service (which I highly recommend you use if you aren't doing so already). 

You hear it all the time and see it in every health prevention article, just how important preventative maintenance is for every human being.  It isn't that different with your computer.  If you think there may be a problem, or it simply feels like the computer has slowed down substantially from the way it used to be.. that is the time to react.. just drop me a line if you want me to check on things. Odds are if you haven't had me connect to your computer in the past 3 months there are definitely updates to be performed and the more often you do get that checkup, the less it is going to cost you down the road.  Ask me how.