Saturday, October 30, 2010

Note to self-Your phone likes a reboot too!

Murphy's law stuck again, just now, as I was heading out the door, grabbing my iphone from the cradle, as I recognized it was still syncing. I noticed Itunes had hung so I closed that and unplugged my phone only to find there was nothing on it. Obviously the hang happened during the sync. Regardless, here I am writing about it because I can't go anywhere until my phone is finished restoring.  So, the next time you are asked just how tethered are you to your phone....
it made me realize I had no reason to get frustrated other then the fact it happened right when I was heading out the door, but there is always some reason because we always hate to have to wait for technology.  Fact is, you may be able to 'live without it', truth is, you really just take it for granted, even the smallest form of technology. In any case I realized I hadn't even restarted or powered off my phone for--months?  
So-note to self... perform a routine power down and restart of your phone maybe once a week. It can't hurt since that is also when you would reconnect to your network and quite possibly receive new updates as well.