Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Connection Policy and Info

The method for which I connect to perform any maintenance on your computer is through the services of Logmein. This is a free service and anyone can install it to utilize the great product. In my case, I utilize many of their advanced services for which I do pay for. These services make my connection process that much simpler and allow me to service your computer from any means possible to me at the time, no matter where I am currently located. So long as you have an internet connection and your computer is connected to it, I should be able to help you out. This is important to remember since the computer must be able to be not only powered on but also connected to the network. If your computer will not power on then odds are your power supply (or worse), which will require HANDS ON. If this is the scenario, then I will consult on what is your best "next step", since many times you may be better of to simply buy a new computer.  Seriously, with the costs of a new laptop at about $400 and up and other devices such as tablets as low as $200.

When connection is attempted to your computer, a current activity status is made at my end for which I will never connect to an active computer or one that has been active for a minimum of 15 minutes. Of course in the case of an emergency whereas I have already been in contact with you, or in the case where LIVE INSTRUCTION as in any training or one-on-one instruction/repair. 
Since the cost of this service is free, please do not hesitate to contact me if you wish to have this service installed. Repair costs can be sent to you if you should wish to inquire for any remote services.