Friday, May 06, 2011

Planning on getting a new computer soon? Get Carbonite first!

It seems an appropriate time to once again mention Carbonite, the off-site backup that just works! I say it is time once again because as of late, I have come across a number of systems that didn't have carbonite and have lost all of their data thanks to a complete hard drive failure. Looking back, it appears the last time I mentioned Carbonite was to go through the simple 'set and forget' features.  As with any software program, it seems with updates, they will try to make things more simple but in my opinion, the latest round of updates tends to allow too many accidental changes (such as scheduled backup) when in fact you truly want this thing working all the time.  

Are you planning on upgrading/buying a new computer/laptop? Install Carbonite on your existing system so when you do get your new one, the complete restore feature will make the transition to your new computer that much easier.  Do yourself a favour and install Carbonite if you haven't already, take advantage of the additional month you get through my link or simply contact me if you wish for me to help you out with this.