Saturday, September 17, 2011

Macbook Air or not?

It's been almost exactly 2 years since my last major Apple purchase of a macbook pro and although it would seem the logical purchase answer would be the new Macbook Air, I am a bit skeptical in this as I have found the Ipad to be a more practical solution (so far), and I know this is not what most people will agree on, but for my type of work, whereas I spend many hours connected remotely to various client computers, it seems the logmein ignition app gets the nod most of the time, if using the ipad. Whereas if I am using my macbook or macbook pro, I am either using a simple saffari browser connection or utilizing the parallels software and using the logmein ignition program through my windows 7 parallels connection. So the purchase of a macbook air, as much as I would love to have one, it just seems more practical at this point in time, that I continue with the ipad solution. Of course using the ipad along with the bluetooth keyboard makes it essentially like any other laptop, not to mention incredible battery life so as much as I may be a likely candidate for the air, I think it may be a little longer before I go that route. True, my 4 hour + macbook pro battery is now down to about 2 hours + but that seems to be enough.. and since I did purchase an additional battery for my macbook (it is the last model before the uni-frame and sealed battery), I am getting about 10 hours of power with my macbook so I'm really not starving for the portability at this point...