Thursday, April 04, 2013

Next Issue Gives life to old (and new) tablets


I am not one to simply get rid of any older piece of technology just because I have something new. This would be the case with the ipad (version 1 and 2) since I also own version 3 with retina as well as the ipad mini and Nexus 7 tablet devices. Top that with any Windows 8 machine and you have the perfect device for the Next Issue Magazine subscription

I gave it a try for their free monthly deal which has two subscription plans and am quite happy with it. Each device works a little differently but regardless of the device, my one subscription appears on each device. Travelling without an internet connection only means selecting the magazine for download (Wifi only as I learned the hard way with my Ipad3 4G did not work--obviously worried about the data plan, I knew I had 5 GB so that wouldn't have been a problem but unfortunately there was no option to allow it). What I found great however, is that this makes the perfect app for the older ipad which makes the perfect bathroom reading device. With further software builds I would hope they will add the ability to bookmark where you left off as this will help when picking up a different device or moving to your desktop for reading.

So if you are in the market for a great way to revive your magazine reading without the exorbitant costs per magazine, Next Issue is definitely for you!