Thursday, September 18, 2014

SPAM is not going away any time soon!

It seems there is a new rash of spammers out there filling your email inbox with spam...if you are like me and use gmail, fortunately most of it has gone to the spam folder and here is where I know that it is on the rise because what normally is 5 or 10 in my spam folder when I get to it in the morning, was 55 today! Just beware to never click on a link that is provided by someone in an email that you have opened, thinking it was from someone you may know. Obviously you shouldn't even open mail you do not recognize but most phishing scams or spammers will have you click on something within the email to actually activate the process. Need help because you aren't sure? Just contact me and I can point you in the right direction hopefully.

If you haven't already set up a gmail account, now would be the time to do so. Did you know that gmail can automatically retrieve the mail from any other email account you may have, allowing you open one inbox and have it all in one place, nicely labeled for you as well!