Friday, March 11, 2005

Norton's LIVE UPDATE errors and SPYBOT not working

It appears, from all the email I have been receiving, that a few bugs have managed to create havoc with more then a few computers out there. I am aware of the two similarly related problems, both with Spybot Search and Destroy as well as Norton's (Symantec) Live Update giving an error when you run the live update. If this has happened to you, please let me know (that is, if you are an existing client of mine and have PC anywhere installed on your computer). I should be able to help repair this remotely, but please, give me time, and until I can manage to get to your computer, please continue to run the other programs on the daily basis that you should be. Those being Ad-aware, the Live update for Norton/Systemworks, as well as Spyware Guard Live Update and Spyware blaster updates. If the latter two programs you do not have, then it is probably because you haven't seen me for more then 8 months, in which case even more reason for you to contact me. The internet is a constantly changing environment and so long as the software updates are done (some automatic in which case all you have to do is monitor that they are in fact getting done) on a routine basis, we should be able to stay on top of things without major service work being required.