Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Bug that Ate Christmas

I have to admit when it comes to health problems (knock on wood),I have been quite fortunate, however when I do get a cold, which usually happens once a year, it usually is a doozy. This time of year it seems everyone has the sniffles and typically blames the turkey dinner for what comes next. In my case I managed to get through the Christmas Turkey okay, but after a few visits to some homes where the bug had been, I was doomed. It began with a fit of sneezing that was uncontrollable for literally an hour or more, which then quickly landed in my chest. As a kid I got bronchitis and one other time when I was about 20. Now, it appears that is what I have and boy has it knocked me down and out! In any case if you have been one of the recent emails that I haven't managed to get to, please be patient as I am trying my best to get through it all. A great way to ring in the new year! Looking on the positive side of things, it can only get better, right?