Sunday, May 04, 2008

Parallels doesn't suck anymore!

When I first purchased Parallels, it was at the time I purchased my macbook and although it did work, I would find on more then one occasion where it would not run and would give me an error.  After numerous attempts it would start, or I would just give up.  Restarting the computer and trying it again seemed to get it to work but even that was still hit and miss.  I initially did check the parallels website and at that time, I was using the latest version, but that was months ago and so checking back there now, it appears there have been a few updates and so installing the latest version I have had absolutely no problems. Not once will I get the error and it now opens perfectly... once again I a have Vista working on my macbook in a parallel environment.. all is good once again.

This is just one more reason why it is so important to check back with the software manufacturers website with regards to "updates".  However, I am still a firm believer that, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" theory and this should apply to most software unless you are having a problem, you should not update it. That is, unless it is anti-spyware/malware software, your antivirus or your internet browser software as this is stuff that should ALWAYS be running the latest version in order to keep your system safe.