Monday, June 14, 2010

AT&T IPAD unlimited questions resolved

For those wondering if you still qualify for the unlimited plan through AT & T if you purchase the Ipad before June 7, 2010, the answer is YES!  Mine arrived today after ordering it through the Apple Store on the 26th of May (arriving 1 day earlier then scheduled--I can't think of a better way to start off a Monday).  Initially when I started through the set up procedure I was only given the 200MB and 2GB options so I immediately hopped on the phone to AT&T customer support. I had closed the screen while talking to her and when I opened it again, scrolling down a little-come to think of it, it may have been there all along, but there it was, the last option which was automatically selected. Since I hadn't given her any of my credentials, she had no idea who was calling or my existing account information so I know for sure this works. I did however, ask while had a rep on the phone, whether I would be able to stop it and reactivate it getting the unlimited plan, knowing the answer would be no, so I wasn't surprised when she said this. No worries mate, I will NEVER give it up as I had gone through many scenarios using the AT & T usage calculator and could only hit 2.5 GB/month once and that was being very conservative on the web surfing. Knowing my usage will be heavy on the remote connections, I am sure to be over 2GB each and every month.