Monday, August 16, 2010

Carbonite Version 4.0 and the Internet Explorer

It appears the Carbonite crew are stuck on the Internet Explorer with regards to the most recent version 4.0 roll out. I am getting numerous calls regarding the "install upgrade now" button not working. Diagnosing this directly to the fact that the code requires the Internet Explorer being present.. something many windows 7 machines have the option to opt out of and is the case with anyone who knows me.  Problem is, even with the internet explorer installed, as I have now personally witnessed to a few machines, the code/link simply doesn't work.  I have yet to diagnose whether it is due to pop up blockers but doesn't appear to be the reason. In any case if you are one of these people let me know as I can connect and repair this for you (existing clients that is). Alternatively you can log in to your carbonite account online and choose to reinstall the software which will get you up to date as well.