Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Shaw trying to up-sell with annoying and harassing phone calls

How do you handle those harassing sales calls from the utility companies such as Shaw, when you are using one of their services such as internet, and they continue to email, snail mail and telephone you at all hours of the day, waiting for you to pick up, but when you don't, they don't bother leaving a message, yet when you do answer, it is the same thing all the time... this is how I have just dealt with it:

I am not interested in your 'other products', please top harrasing me. I have an internet connection with you. I do NOT have a TV and I do NOT use a land-line telephone. I have already made it known through the online secure account access that I do NOT wish to be contacted by any other mailer including your sales staff for other products, both through phone and mail yet I continue to get monthly mailings and the telephone calls at all hours of the day. You do not leave a message when I do not answer and I am asking you this one time, to STOP ALL FURTHER REQUESTS TO SIGN UP FOR OTHER SHAW SERVICES. As I have worked for Shaw for 18 years, I am well aware of your products and will contact YOU if I am interested. This is the only request I am going to make, and further harassment to sign up to some other products you may offer will result in my cancelling ALL SERVICES. J.R. Junior, take note!

How serious am I about this?  Well, considering I do have the choice of internet providers I will most certainly switch. In fact I only gave up my redundant backup internet through Telus about 7 months ago and will most certainly reconnect with them if this bull sh*t doesn't stop!