Monday, March 07, 2011

iPad 2 is on it's way

With the announcement of IPad 2 coming this Friday, I do have a few questions that I am afraid may only be answered by testing things myself. The first being the ease and use of the device with the existing sim since I currently have both, the AT&T (grandfathered) plan as well as the Rogers Sim. From what I have been reading, both carriers have not cleared this up as of yet, although I seriously can't see why this should even be an issue since swapping the sim from the old iPad to the new iPad means you can't be using both at the same time so it really should not matter.

The next question is with regards to the new magic cover. Since it utilizes magnetic hinges, should this not also fit in the first generation iPad? I understand the depth is less and not quite as beveled but having this fit on the older units would make great marketing sense.

Will I be getting one of these new iPads? Yes, of course, and very soon. What will I do with my old one? Probably keep it because unlike some that use the iPad as an added device to their computer arsenal, mine is used full time. In fact my other computers have less usage now that I own an iPad and much like all of my Apple devices, they are tools rather than toys.