Thursday, June 30, 2011

(tip)-Windows Home Server (WHS) Backup problems-fixed!

So I have had a windows home server running on my system for a few years now and every once in a while I will find the backup service stops for no apparent reason. Of course the painful search through Microsoft's help files doesn't help at all, or quite possibly might help, if I am willing to start editing the registry.  Typically this will happen if you change your storage device(s) like adding another hard drive for example.
This was not the case for me however and so,after many many attempts, I quite simply removed all folders from the 'd:\folders' location, restarted the computer and all works fine.... So if you are like me and are getting truly frustrated by this, it seems quite simple. Of course I wiped out all of my previous backups in the process but who cares, I haven't lost anything and the next scheduled backup will do what it is supposed to do now!