Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tether App is Awesome!

It only took a few years but it now appears I have found the app of all apps without the need to jailbreak my Apple devices. I have wanted to take advantage of my Ipad's 3G connection for my laptop but was unable to do so because all the devices seem to be for iphone or tethering from the laptop device in the wrong direction. Along comes the Tether App, mind you it doesn't come cheap, at $15 it is well worth it. Now it will be interesting to see just how long it stays in the App Store before Apple pulls it I guess.
What is great about this app is that it simply proxies the connection and so it doesn't matter if I use a wifi or 3G connection, it just works and I managed to get a healthy enough download and upload to be able to use both devices simultaneously as well!