Sunday, August 19, 2012

My Ipad Apps I Recommend

I have been using the iPad since version one so it is pretty safe to say Apple has a lot of money from me with regards to the various app that I find so useful that I buy the paid version. In some cases I have placed in brackets (paid) which pretty much means don't bother getting the lite version as you are going to want the full version.

 I have placed them in categories which are nothing more then the groups I have the various apps in. Those that are essential are pretty much on my home (first) page. I have others but they are not worthy of mentioning .

Essential APPs:

Evernote
Zap2it -What's On? HD (tv listings)
AppStar (this will help get you started)
MegaApp
Pocket (previously Read it later)
Instapaper
Google (apps)


Navigation:

WAZE   
GOOGLE EARTH

News:

News Pro (reuters)
The Province

Shopping:

IQ Shopper
CraigsEZPro
Amazon
eBay
Costco


Social Networking:

TextFree iPad
Skype
Google+
Facebook
Yahoo Messenger

Weather:

WeatherEye HD
WeatherBug
WunderMap
Weather Genie
AccuWeather


Audio:

Shazam
SleepStream
HearPlanet (lite)
AmbiSounds

Food:

Yelp
Urbanspoon
Good Food

Games:

Angry Birds (the original to start with but I am hooked and have all series)
Cut the Rope (also hooked on this and have all versions)
Solitaire
Solitaire HD
A Monster Ate my homework
GearsHD

Horoscopes:

Kellie Fox Horoscopes

Instruments:

Virtuoso
DrumsEE

Movies:

Netflix
Imdb
Flixter
RunPee

Reference:

Discover
Wikipanion
WebMD
Number Guru

Relax:

Gaze
Pocket Pond
Gaze HD Beach
Gaze HD lite
Fluid Toy2
Trip Out

Sports:

SportsTap
theScore
TSN
NHL GameCenter (paid)


Timers:

Chronolite
Clock Pro
Nightstand
Clock Free

Travel:

TripAdvisor
FareCompare
Kayak
Tripit
FlightAware
Hipmunk
Negotiator (Priceline)

Video:

Air Video
VLC
Ustream
HGTVToGO
CineXPlayer (paid)
Discovery

Astronomy:

GoSKyWatchPlanetarium
Planets
NASA
SkySafari

Books:

Audible
Kindle
Flipboard
eReader
iBooks

Drawing:

Notability
GoodReader
AppSketcher
Noetbook
iAnnotate PDF
iDraft
handPaint

Health:

Lose It!
Cal Counter
DailyCounts

Language:

Translate
iTranslate
Interpret
myLanguage

Podcasts:

iCatcher (paid)
Podcasts

Utilities:

iHandy Level
iCatchall
Pad Info
myConvert
System

RSS Reader:

Reader (paid)
Feedly

IT Utilities:

Process Killer
FreeMemory
Ping
WifiTrak
Speed Test
Wi-Fi Finder
Go Daddy
Dropbox
Skydrive
CloudOn
DisplayPad
IP Ports
Monitor