Sunday, June 15, 2014

Some things you take for granted--like where you live!

Throughout my life I have been fortunate to be able to and have done quite a bit of travel. The fact that living in Canada means to get to any major city means doing a little bit of travelling so for those that may not be so fortunate and have maybe only travelled within their own province or for Americans, their own state, it comes to no surprise when I am asked by some Southern gentleman in Texas, if I have ever seen the Northern Lights.  

Yes, of course I have, but in order to truly see them it helps to go even further North than from where I currently live. For me so far, the best place I have ever seen them was while sitting in the hot tub on the roof of the Deer Lodge in Lake Louise, Alberta. It was ski season so probably around February and the colours were not only green but purple, much like this picture.

It is amazing how many things we take for granted and until questioned on something that may seem so trivial to many Canadians as the Northern Lights, it does make you stop and reflect....