Friday, December 17, 2004

New employee taking a break-email missing?

I've been away for a little over a week and my new employee (MS Small Business Server) has been up to no good.. it appears that it has kept me from retrieving all of my email and as a result I have remotely turned it off until I return home! This means that for about 6 days (last week) I have not received all of my email so if you were one of the unfortunate ones that has emailed me and has not received a response, this would be the reason and if you happen to be reading this blog, then you might want to resend your email. I promise I will respond however I don't know what it is I would be responding to at this time as the exchange server has swallowed it up for now. Sorry for any troubles this might have caused however I am pretty sure if it was that important you would have called me directly. The official count is now 7 days of shopping left!