Friday, April 15, 2005

Never a good time to fix the computer

It seems of late that each and every time I connect to a client computer to fix it, the computer is in use.. No matter what time of day or night! Now I realize just how important the computer has become and I realize that because of the internet being "online" all the time, we have the ability to leave certain programs running all the time, such as your email program and/or a messenger, so that your friends and family can contact you while you are around the house doing things, not necessarily sitting in front of the computer. But there is one thing that I have said over and over again, about leaving programs running when you are NOT at home or are sleeping... This would be the messenger for one, as well, any other program that you are unlikely to need to access immediately, such as email if you are sleeping. Please realize that, if I have worked on your computer in the past, it is most likely set up to run maintenance in the middle of the night and/or updates from Microsoft, quite possibly on a nightly basis. This being said, you should be getting in the habit of closing any and all programs INCLUDING MESSENGER programs when you are done using the computer for the day. When I say messenger, I am referring to MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, ICQ, Trillian, AOL Messenger, etc. The key to closing these is to choose "log off", NOT make yourself "invisible" from others to see. This mode is mainly for you to keep your program running while you are busy at your computer, which would allow such things as email notification, but will not allow others to see that you are currently at your desk. Leaving these programs running (while you are sleeping) is an open invitation to hackers.. Yes, even though you might have it "invisible" there are many hack programs that will allow the user to see your connection and then attempt to connect, or send spam your direction.

Finally, when I go to connect to your computer and I see email running, or maybe your last solitaire game, I spend all of about 5 seconds before disconnecting since I take this as "computer is busy" and the last thing I want to do is intrude.. Especially when there is another client waiting for some sort of computer tweak or diagnostic of a problem they may be having. Please people, please try to follow these simple guidelines and remember that I am only trying to help. As most know, this service I provide is generally free! Yes, free! When I connect to diagnose something or do a simple fix, I pretty much look the other way when it comes to invoicing, however this does not apply when I connect to fix a problem only to find that ad-aware (for example) has not been run for the past 5 or more days! As I have talked about many times.. These programs should be run DAILY! In fact, I suggest running these programs on your way to bed. That way, when I do connect (usually some time in the middle of the night since this is the least likely time the computer will be used), I note that ad-aware or spybot has finished its scan. Interestingly enough, when I am connecting to a computer to diagnose a problem, when I notice that ad-aware has not been run for some length of time, it usually means I will find a lot of spyware (probably the main reason I had to connect in the first place, because the complaint was that the computer was acting very sluggish).. It is then that I start my clock and charge for the time it takes me to clean your computer.. Something that you could have done yourself.. I use the analogy of the dentist who tells you to brush your teeth or you will get cavities, only to find that you don't listen to them and end up getting your teeth pulled.... If I have placed these spyware and antivirus update icons on your desktop, they are there to be used and not ignored.. That is unless you don't mind paying someone on a regular basis to run them for you (just let me know and I'll set it up on my calendar to connect and run the maintenance for you--for a fee).

As I do pride myself on rather quick service, and one that is available virtually anywhere in the world (so long as I have internet access to connect to your computer), I try to make a point of getting a look at the problem right away--even when I am on some sort of "holiday". What I can't stand however, is when I do manage to get to a computer terminal and attempt to connect, without success, and report back to you, that I am then given this "attitude" as to why I haven't attempted to try again! Of course I have tried, but without the ability to spend the normal amount of time I would have if I wasn't on some sort of sabbatical, it becomes rather a touchy subject. Just when is it a good time to take a day off? It appears there is never a good time, so I attempt to help--always.. Just when is it a good time to connect to your computer? You must let me know.. And then when you do let me know, when I do manage to connect, please realize that I will be spending all of about 5 seconds connected if I see that the computer is in use. Yes, I will try again but patience, as I am learning, is a virtue.. One that I am constantly trying to improve.