Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Microsoft releases a new set of patches--have you got them yet?

As ZDNet reports here

Be sure you go and get these right away. In some cases, depending on how you have your "automatic updates" set up, you might have already downloaded them and your computer is now prompting you to install the new updates. You will see a small globe icon on your system tray that when you click on it, it will ask you if you want to complete the install. This is one more reason I am sure Microsoft can't wait to get IE7.0 released as I am sure a lot of these security issues will have been addressed in the new framework. We will just have to wait and see, but in my opinion, I am still going to stick with AvantBrowser as my choice, however that doesn't mean I didn't get these updates. Even if you are not using the Internet Explorer as your main web browser, realize that it is part of the windows operating system and if you are connected to the Internet then these patches are necessary!

As always, if you are client of mine and are not sure what to do, you can always drop me a line and I"ll explain the procedure for me to help you out by connecting to your computer. If you are not a client of mine, then you can always still ask me a question here.