Friday, June 15, 2007

New Avant Browser available

I was just about to post a small rant regarding some problems I have noticed as of late, partially due to the way the AVANT BROWSER opens and prompts the user for username (email address) and password. The reason for the complaint may not necessarily be the browsers fault but the people who operate it not understanding just what this prompt for username and password is all about. This is of course, for the use of the auto fill and other personal browser favorite settings, but because it would prompt you initially BEFORE the browser even opened, I believe this is where some of the confusion came from. Now, when I was prompted this morning that there is a new browser available, I was quite pleased to see this problem has been resolved by first opening the browser and then being prompted for username. As well, with any new version, there are the few obvious things such as new icons (I like) and the initial placement of the toolbars has changed. Remember this is a very customizable browser. Much faster then Internet Explorer and by far, more secure, if you haven't given it a try then now is a good time to give it a try! Remember to keep it up to date so when you see that prompt that there is a new version available, either click YES to be directed to the Avant Browser download or get it directly through my site here.