Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Ipad 3 Release tomorrow

So the big news in the tech community is of course, the Ipad3 or what it sounds like will be called Ipad HD is announced. There are always those tech sites that are pro Apple and those that are against anything that is not Windows or quite simply put, figures the next new tech device should be the best thing on the market with all sorts of new bells and whistles, when in fact you are dealing with what is now the third generation of Ipads. Since the first generation was truly the ground breaking story and did change the way we see and use tablet devices, it should come as no surprise when all the new features are announced and there are those that are disappointed with the news. Just like the Ipad2, I believe most were figuring because the original ipad was such a huge hit, that there was supposed to be something that made this new version enough to change the moon in to the sun or something.
As someone that has both the ipad 1 and 2 and will be one of the first to place my order for the new ipad3/hd I have learned to simply enjoy the tech as it has been handed to me, whether that means not having a camera on the ipad 1 (I believe I have used it only a few times on the ipad2 including a few skype video chats) I think with each new tech device, they should be viewed as tools that you can utilize and shouldn't be thought as the next great technological breakthrough that is going to change the world. Oh sure, there are times when this happens, as in the case of the first ipad, but I don't believe people should be so 'disappointed' by whatever the outcome is tomorrow with the announcement of the new ipad. Am I going to sell my first gen ipad? No, since it is apparently worth no more than $150, although that could go towards the price of a new ipad, that would also mean I am now down one device and if for no other reason, it makes a great tool for the bathroom reading.. doing away with the magazine rack full of moldy magazines!