Saturday, January 13, 2007

If nothing else works, try re-booting

I have lost track of the calls I have had when something goes wrong and the computer won't let you do anything. If nothing else works and you can't move the mouse or maybe it moves but nothing works when you click on it, nor can you do the normal 're-boot' procedure, then press AND HOLD the power button on your computer until it shuts off. Then when you do restart the computer, windows may (or may not) recognize that it was shut down incorrectly and will go through its own disk scan. This is normal and you should allow it to continue. Once this is done, I highly suggest, run through the spyware and virus scanning programs AFTER you have made sure you are completely up to date with them all. If you are still unsure of what to do, I suggest you read my TIP on OPTIMIZING your computer. THEN contact me if you still have questions.