Sunday, February 04, 2007

There is still only 24 hours in a day.

For those of you that know me, I am always doing something related to technology at all hours of the day, 7 days a week. The difference lately has been the fact that I been traveling more often then normal due to Air Canada’s latest ‘flight pass’ that I picked up during their promotional time at the end of 2006. I have had to change the way I would normally perform my day to day duties, instead of working for about 30 days straight, before taking a week off and travel to points ‘south’ typically, to making a flight either Tuesday, Saturday or Sunday of each week and I will continue this until the middle of March. If you are unfamiliar with the flight pass I highly suggest you check it out, especially if you have friends/family where you visit on a regular basis since you may find yourself saving a lot of money of the year, not to mention the comfort of knowing you always have a seat waiting for you.

Much like the phone plans that are now out where you have unlimited calls to specific zones within your country or any select country, the flight pass allows you to purchase flight credits or unlimited travel for a determined length of months (3 or 6 months). This is by far, the newest and I believe, the future of travel as we know it since it is a win-win scenario for you and the airline involved. So because I have this ‘unlimited’ version of a ‘North America flight pass’ in which my travel can be on any Tuesday, Saturday or Sunday, I am trying to use it to the fullest extent, which means find a place to go each week. This hasn’t been a problem for me as I do enjoy traveling; I visited Such places as Halifax, Toronto, Montreal, Florida, Texas, California. Why? Because I can! So the next time you have a weekend where you are sitting around ‘doing as little as possible’ enjoying your time off, you could be enjoying it in some other city!