Monday, July 20, 2009

I was born for the digital age I guess.

I have been told from those who know me, that I have a very clinical way of thinking about things.. I like to think of it as being logical...when someone says to me, "The world is not just black and white, there are many shades of gray".. and I agree with this but when asked whether something is right or wrong that can also bring up many possible solutions, some right and some wrong, depending on just how much detail you are basing the question on.  But from a digital perspective, it is either right or wrong, or on or off, there can be no in between (directly).  So at any time I am 'teaching' someone how to use some program, it is always the very basics as with any software program, the more you use it, the more you will understand it and, depending on how creative and adventurous you are with that program, you will go searching for what the program is capable of doing by either clicking on things you have no clue what they are for and will find out when you press it or you will look for instruction on how to use it. This is where you should always remember the F1 key as in many cases this will open the programs 'help' but not only that, but the actual help with respect to just where you are within that program. This is a no-brainer if you have tried it within Windows itself, but should not be forgotten when using a computer.  This is why I always suggest looking for the programs 'preferences' or 'options' or sometimes called 'tools' as this will, if nothing else, show you what the program is capable of doing by the way you can configure things from within the preferences.