Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Time for a Rant-Slow computer?

If there is one thing I CAN NOT STAND is when I have someone complaining that their computer is slower when it is returned to them after I have worked on it. In fact this is so far from the truth that it pains me to even write about it! My entire goal is to not only clean out the junk but to OPTIMIZE the computer to get the most out of it that you can and that would obviously mean it is going to be faster then when you had it last. Without changing the operating system and just performing the various cleaning tasks, utilizing the software tools you can find on the SOFTWARE/SUPPORT page and reading the OPTIMIZING TIPS, can have you providing your own speed tests to confirm what I already know.. but to actually hear people complaining that their computer is slower is just ridiculous and if nothing else, a slap to my face. Do you really think I would return a computer to you if it was SLOWER than when I picked it up?

This brings me to the awesomeness of Windows 7... coming from an XP machine, bypassing Vista altogether, may have some scratching their heads a little, but to think your system is slower? I don't think so.. the problem is that you are having to quite possibly think a little more, since things are not laid out the way you once had things, but to think the system is slower is preposterous! And then I get the next statement that drives me through the roof, "I want to go back to XP" ! OMG are you kidding me? Do you really think Microsoft is just spinning their wheels and not doing anything at all? Do you really think that with all the negative press that Vista received, and the fact that the latest Windows 7 is truly proving to be a serious operating system (in my opinion, the best they have ever made), that they are going to need to hear that people don't like it to the point that they want to go back, and not even to Vista, but two operating systems before the latest one? This is simply crazy talk and in my opinion, (after all, this is what my blog post is all about.. my opinion) if you seriously believe windows XP is BETTER than windows 7, then I seriously do not want to have anything to do with you.. just go away, find some tech. from 1990 that will help you out.