Sunday, February 26, 2012

Google+ should you join?-Update on security

Little did you know, if you have a Google account, whether it be with a gmail address account or you have signed up using another email address. Odds are, you already have some sort of profile, which may or may not be public.

You may want to check on this and set the security settings accordingly.

Although I do own a Facebook account, I have kept it to my friends and family. Not that I don't see my clients as friends, but found Google+ to be the perfect place to en'circle' my clients utilizing the Google+ circles.

Many are worried about Google's new security policy which takes place March 2012. You can read it all here.

Personally, it is nice to see a company at least being transparent enough to know where you need to go to change and setup your security, unlike Facebook!  What web browser are you using? Are you really aware of all the cookies being collected? Of course not, so being educated more shouldn't make you decide to stop using their service, especially when Google has such a huge stake in the Internet as we currently know it.