Friday, January 03, 2014

Lost or Misplaced your Phone?

I pride myself in knowing where my phone is pretty much at all times, however it can happen that you misplace it or worse, lose it completely.  I write this now because even though my pride is hurt, I was able to find my phone! It had slid out of my pocket when I took my jacket off and draped it over the sofa.

I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 after loving the Note 1 but finding it rather sluggish, this new Note 2 rocks.. but that is not what this post was about.. it was about knowing where your device is at all times.   Those using Apple Iphones have the ability to install the 'find my iphone' feature by enabling it on the phone and not to be outdone, those using Android/Google phones and devices.. I say this because you can also have a Nexus tablet or other Android tablet and it too is 'recoverable'.

Simply go to the ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER and set it up. You can ring your device, even if it has the ringer/sound turned off. As well, and probably more importantly, you can remote wipe the device back to factory settings.  This would be a worst case scenario because you have pretty much lost it at that point but don't want your data lost.

So what are you waiting for? If you haven't done this already, then go and do it now.. test it by ringing the device once you have set it up.