Thursday, September 07, 2006

It's Technology not just Computers

It seems like I am once again having to sell myself with regards to what I do. I am a consultant of technology, not just computers. For pretty much my entire life I have had an interest in anything new, with flashing lights, that require you plug in keys or push buttons (when I was very small I had loved playing with keys). For those that know me best, they will turn to me when they are thinking of making a purchase of a new microwave (since they realize there is a digital clock and many buttons and programs that they may or may not be able to figure out). Refrigerators now come with processors built in as well as LCD monitors on the door so why wouldn't you turn to someone that has more knowledge about this sort of thing? I do it all the time as I will always be the first to admit when I don't know about something. That is probably the one thing that I love most about my job is discovering the answers to technical problems! If I don't have the answer, I can typically find it for you or point you in the direction of someone that does know the answer.

I guess I am saying this because most recently, I have come in contact with existing clients that have simply gone out and purchased a new TV, or as I mentioned, a new microwave in which they were quite frustrated in the fact that to simply boil water required opening up the directions to figure out how to set the power. Consumers magazines have been publishing for years with results of testing different products and directly comparing them. Now with the use of the Internet, you can find out many things for yourself. Just ask any sales person that has been selling before there was something called the Internet and they will tell you just how much more educated the general public are when they come in to buy that new product! The fact that we live in a society full of technical products and issues that require knowledge of technical things doesn't mean you have to go back to school, simply put, ask! I blog here so that I can hopefully share answers to others questions to the masses as well, it allows me the ability to have a constantly stocked library of responses that I have made in the past that I can recall for whomever asks.

So the next time you are thinking about upgrading your television, stereo system, microwave or robotic toy for your child I hope you will think of me BEFORE you are disappointed with your purchase! My TIPS page has many common computer problems found on it, but the answers to the thousands of questions I have answered through allexperts.com can be recalled--no problem, just ask by contacting me directly!