Friday, October 07, 2011

Reeder still the best New Reader for me

Reeder, as I am quickly learning, is the best News Reader for me, as today I initially went to view it on my MacBook Pro when I remembered they are out of Beta and now in the apps store, for a price of $9.99!
I then quickly found myself reaching for my ipad to use the Reeder app, as I had "already paid for it" but that was using a different operating system and was on my ipad, but then I remembered I loved the app so much that I did Pay for the full/pro version on the Ipad so why was I halting my decision to pay ten bucks for an app that I really like already on one device? But then I thought how using it on my ipad had a different, and argueably a better reading experience.
Looking at this from the creator(s), they are entitled in making a living and who am I to argue with this? Fact is, what can be considered a fair price to place on any product. When you look at the success of Angry Birds (and the fact that you can play for free on Chrome browsers now), it seems there is a market for apps created initially for iphone/ipad to the browser/windows based computers.
I have since installed the $10 app on my macbook and truly do love the fact that they have now made it pretty much identical to the ipad version as in earlier builds this was apparently not the case..
With the amount of news I am constantly reading throughout the day, this is one app that is worth the price for me.