Friday, July 17, 2015

Windows 10 is right around the corner.Here's what you need to know!

Unless you have been living under a rock you are probably aware of the latest operating system to be released by Microsoft "Windows 10" is due to hit your computer "automatically" starting July 29, 2015.   I posted earlier on this first when the Windows 10 upgrade logo started appearing on the system tray of your computer some time back.  Basically if I already work on your computer now then there is nothing you need to do.  Although you can notify me when you get any pop up prompts which is what you should be doing now anyway. This is all I ask as I will take care of any and all maintenance for you. Since this is the first time Microsoft is releasing an entire operating system through the normal windows update channel, it is sure to be slow going. In fact Microsoft is now stating that although the release is July 29, they are going to be rolling it out to the tech-preview computers first and then those that have "reserved" it by entering their email address in the upgrade notification. Therefore if you are wondering why on August 1 you are still using your old Windows 7 or 8 machine the reason is likely due to the slow roll-out process.. I should think if you haven't seen anything by about August 3rd you should be contacting me and I will check on the status for your computer.

Now for those of you that are saying "But I don't want to upgrade".. all I can say is "don't be silly--of course you do!".. Think of your house that has a 30 year old roof on it and is about to collapse and someone comes along offering to install a brand new roof for free.  I think you would probably be saying yes to that.. well this is pretty much the same thing.. This is the first time Microsoft is releasing an operating system through the Windows Update Channels but also the first time they are GIVING IT AWAY.. that is, so long as you have Windows 7 or 8 (8.1) and do so within the year. After that it will cost you probably around $130 for the same thing you can get for free right now.  Some may say "but it hasn't been tested yet, I want to hold off a while".. trust me when I say it HAS been tested. I have been using it for over a year and a few millions other machines have it installed as well.  Also, from now on, there will be no new operating systems from Microsoft.. only windows updates so this is kind of a good thing..Embrace the new technology.. you will be glad you did!