Monday, March 09, 2009

Contact me first-BEFORE clicking YES on that prompt!

Forget everything you may have been told (by me) with regards to optimizing your computer.. from now on, just run CCLEANER and any time you get prompted of some update or other sort of prompt that you are unsure what to do, just shoot me an email letting me know this and I will connect to fix the problem. I am finding far too many problems with those that wish to do their own maintenance from everything they have been told (by me) with regards to the 'maintenance folder' I may have set up.. as I just stated, please just use the CCLEANER program.

I am finding that as I connect to fix various issues on your computer, I am having to uninstall all the garbage that was installed due to performing the update that you were prompted about. For example, ADAWARE.. yes, there is a new version available.. not just updates, but an entirely new version. The problem is, if you go ahead and download and install it the way they want you to, you are going to have a number of 'resident monitors' monitoring your system and slowing things down substantially. Not to mention, if you are performing the various routine scans, you are not going to need resident monitors running. As for AVG Antispyware... they have disconntinued this program now because the AVG antivirus basically covers the same areas and so, if you don't know any better, you will follow the prompts and end up having AVG antivirus running as well as whatever other antivirus you have.. this is NOT good, nor do you want this 'resident monitor' running all the time.. If you are unsure, just contact me!

Running CCLEANER on a daily basis does a very good job of routine, daily maintenance.