Friday, March 20, 2009

Reading email correctly and completely

With this recent PayPal screw up in sending out the "cancelled" notification to those that had been given the chance to pay by PayPal, I find it quite disconcerting by the amount of email response I am getting from those that got the email in the first place. I say this because as I read the message that was sent out to these people, it states first and foremost that this is a 'cancellation notice'.. not a notice to make payment... therefore I wonder why so many people immediately respond with "I have already paid this!" or "what the hell is this?"

This is exactly how the spammers are winning the battle, by the simple fact that people aren't reading their mail completely or correctly. Frustrating I know, whenever you get a 'bill in the mail' especially when it has been paid, but when the message does state quite clearly "cancellation notice"...

Ok so maybe I'm venting a little, as I am having to deal with what appears to be hundreds of email responses due to this, thankfully this blog is where I point everyone to.