Monday, October 02, 2006

Advantages of NOT using Internet Explorer

I have had a few people recently ask me why they should "switch" to Avant Browser and not continue just using the Internet Explorer. Since there are nothing but choices out there for each individual to use many different web browsers or for that matter, they can use more then one at a time if necessary. It means the answer should be more like why SHOULDN'T you use Avant Browser--since it is quite apparent by all the news on 'vulnerabilities' within the INTERNET EXPLORER

If you wish to learn more about the new features of the Avant Browser, you can from this link which you will quickly learn just how 'on top of it' these people are in fixing small issues, especially since the latest version 11 release. Unlike the Internet Explorer which will typically wait for the weekly windows updates that may be available, unless they deemed this problem to be severe in which case it will be placed as a 'critical update' and will begin the download/installation to your computer immediately upon recognizing your automatic update features. Now since Avant Browser is not a Microsoft product, it will not have this automatic feature but it does have the ability to notify you that there is a newer version available, but as I have found, this doesn't always notify you of the absolute latest version (I was using 11 build 8 and when I checked by clicking on the 'check for new version' , I was told there was a new version 'build 11' in which I immediately clicked YES that I wanted it and within 30 seconds, was up to date).. yes, it is that simple and well worth it as you can see the many updated and new features that this browser has for you. If you want to keep things simple you can, but I highly suggest checking the OPTIONS of this browser and then setting it up to your liking. The latest capabilities of saving your data online I find to be a wonderful feature as I am working at many different computers whereas I can simply log in and viola--all my bookmarks and settings are there!