Monday, October 23, 2006

More server problems?

I got a most disconcerting phone call today from a client with regards to a few email messages they had apparently sent to me that I never received. After reading a previous blog about the spam filter, they decided to call.

Now firstly, I am at a loss as to where their email messages went since I did check this spam filter pretty thoroughly to make sure I was not deleting known email messages, but then again, there were almost 400 emails to get through so my own 'human error' may be at fault, and in this case I am hoping that is what had happened. But regardless, I have decided to make yet another thorough cleaning and scan of my own Small Business Server which houses my normal email accounts and email as it does have a pretty healthy spam filtering system, but fortunately this email that is filtered is not actually lost until I say so and that is where I am still at a loss since this results in still no email messages from said client. Of course it should go without saying that if you don't receive a response in a reasonable amount of time (that could be anywhere from an hour to a few days I would guess, depending on the urgency of the message), but picking up the phone would be my next likely option I would think. I guess what bugs me the most is that I am in the communication business and spend hundreds of dollars a month to the utility companies to provide cellular, phone, and internet coverage and to hear that mail from over a month ago has not been responded to is just not acceptable in my opinion. I do hope this will be solved shortly as I have once again put all other work aside to clean up the problems that have obviously caused a road block in communication.